Don't forget to check out the girl's school pages in the tabs above for updates there.

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Jillian is here!

Born 12/12 at 2:38pm weighing 7lb 12oz, and 19 inches long. She is a joy-getting the hang of eating and sleeping. We brought her home today, and although she's lost a bit of weight (down to 7 lb 1 oz) and her biliruben levels are a bit high, we go into the peds office on Friday and they anticipate both resolving once my milk fully comes in.
I had contractions all Sunday night and went to Dr. Brannon's for my appt. I was 4 cm dilated and he sent me on over to the hospital. I got there at around 11, water was broken by 12, epidural about 1 when Allan arrived with Katie who spent the afternoon with Tori, and then when Dr B got there, four pushes later, Jillian was here! I got to hold her right away, even before weighing and cleaning.
 only seconds old

 getting checked out

 getting weighed


 proud daddy




 very alert

 very first bath







 katie meeting Jillian for the first time

 what a big sis




 ready to go home

 katie's Hanuka gift from grandma and grandpa


 putting up the stocking
and video
and video of Katie playing with Jillian

More detailed birth story: 
I started having contractions at 8pm on the 11th. They were about 20 min apart, and subsided after about 2 hours. I just lay in bed then trying to sleep. They started really painful about 11pm. I tried to read and watched a bunch of teen mom downstairs. I paced, took a shower, and pooped a lot (tmi i'm sure). They never got closer than 7 min apart for a steady amount of time, so I waited. 
By the time Allan got up at 7:30 to get ready for work, I told him I didn't feel comfortable driving my youngest to school or to my previously scheduled ob appt)
We got breakfast and went to my appt. 
They put me on monitor (I had low fluids so I have appts 2x a week) and my contractions had become a little less painful so I started crying thinking he would send me home. 
He checked me and I was 4cm and sent me to hospital. 
 I got there at around 11, water was broken by 12, epidural about 1 when Allan arrived with Katie who spent the afternoon with Tori, and then when Dr B got there, four pushes later, Jillian was there at 2:38pm on the 12th. 

No comments:

Post a Comment